Friday, October 21, 2011

Interview with the driver No. 1

Believe it or not: Before the driver who hit & overrun little Yue Yue in Foshan, turned himself into police he had an interview with a local radio station - here the translation - a translation of the "mind-set"of this guy, everybody with at least some common sense can do by themselves:
quote
·         Reporter(R): Are you the one who ran over Yueyue?

·         Accident driver (A): I didn’t want that happen either. I’m just a driver.

·         R: Why did you call her father?

·         A: When the accident happened, I was on the phone.

·         R: Why didn’t you stop after running into something? Did you know you had hit somebody?

·         A: I knew I’ve run into a person. I was scared. If you hit somebody, you would ran away too.

·         R: Don’t you have any conscience? Why didn’t you save her?

·         A: I was too scared. I am just a driver.

·         R: How many years have you been driving? Don’t you know hit-and-run is a very severe crime?

·         A: I’ve been driving for 2 years. Who never makes a mistake? As you can see, that kid walked and looked around. If she walked more carefully, how would I run into her?

·         R: Was there any heavy goods on the truck?

·         A: Yes, that’s why I stepped on the gas.

·         R: Now how do you like to deal with this accident?

·         A: I want to offer them some money. But I don’t want to show up.

·  
·         Later reporter called the accident driver again:

·         R: Do you want to turn yourself in now?

·         A: No. I’ve asked my friend to send my wife and kids over here from Guangxi. I’ll find a job in the construction site where no one knows me.

·         R: You want to hide yourself for the rest of your life?

·         A: I’m scared. I didn’t mean to (run over the girl.) Everybody makes mistake. I have a wife and a 14 year-old kid. Without me, they can’t survive.

·         R: One should be responsible for his own fault. You have kid too, don’t you know how Yueyue’s parent feel?

·         A: so what?

·
·         R: How is your feeling now?

·         A: sad..haha

·         R : At this point, you still laugh?

·         A: It’s a bitter smile. You have no idea how much pressure I’m under now. One word-’scared’. I would hide until I couldn’t anymore. I know sometime it take more than a few decades to catch a murder. I’m over 30 year-old now. In 30 years, I might have died. This whole thing would have been forgotten. I know how to deal with the cops. I would shy away from the big cities, just stay in the suburbs and don’t make big money.

·         R: Seeing your kid, wouldn’t that remind you of the little girl you ran over?

·         A: Why should I? She wasn’t even my kid.

·        
·         R : How would you like to compensate the losses of Yueyue’s family?
A: I also have losses myself. I didn’t get my salary. I told my boss there was some emergency in my family and just quit the job
unquote

He said he has some losses himself because he didnt get his salary: His salary maybe RMB 1,500 - approx USD 240 !
Actually the excuse to quit a job "some emergency in the family" is a very popular excuse in China.
Not only if you are a driver just killed a 2 year old girl.

No comments: