Sunday, February 12, 2012

Something personal - photos from my trip to Germany

I want to share this with you, my dear readers. It was the first time I was going home to my hometown in Germany in 8 years. Finally in  Munich we enjoyed a lot of activities - but it was very cold. Food is nice like always - especially the many sorts of bread & sausages, cold cut & cheese. Many kinds of that food you still cannot find in Hong Kong & surely not in China.
Here some pictures with a short description.
The hallway of my aunt holiday farm house in the bavarian alps near the famous Chiemsee. This house is very old, but nicely renovated & preserved some of the real nice historic parts more than 300 years old. The little person there walking straight to the staircase is my son. When I was young I have spent many summers in that house and the first thing when I entered the house I was heading to the staircase - because my room was upstairs. And so did my son, when he entered the house for the first time - never being there before.
A very cold morning in Munich at 7.30 am - sunrise - photo out from the balcony of my mother appartment.

Almost same view as the picture with the sunrise - but now late afternoon & it is freezing.
Another shot from the farm house: Some small library with famous, old history books & the complete range of "Meyers Konversations Lexikon" - more than 100 years old.
A typical winter food: "Blut & Leberwurst" (Blood & Liver sausage). Just heat up in hot water. Wait 10 minutes + serve with Sauerkraut + Beer ! Delicious - this is the bavarians HOT POT !
Another shot from the farm house: One room has a 300 year old "stuck ceiling" - it is protected by law as a historical memory (or similar). Isn't it nice ? Do we also not have enough of this kind of things in Hong Kong & China better to protect and not just demolish it for the sake of growth or the sake of some property tycoons ?

Last shot now: Again from the farm house hallway - a very old chair - somewhat almost 400 years old - I know that chair since I was a young boy.

So now I hope you enjoy that pictures - even this is all very far away from the meaning of the blog. But this is the nice thing - just mix up all & at least it is for your entertainment & for your good information. Thanks !

No comments: