Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One World, One Dream, but No Visa

please read some parts of this report here - full story in the link:
quote
After telling everyone what a long way China has come since they’ve opened their borders, I feel stupid having to explain that I’m coming home because, uh, foreigners have to leave for unexplained reasons. This change in rules is shady, arbitrary and frightening, and after trying to change the perception of China away from this stereotype, I feel like an idiot.
When I first saw the Olympics countdown commercials, on CCTV9 in my old Yantai apartment, it was over 800 days to the Beijing Olympics. I’ve eagerly watched it count down, two years, one year, 100 days, and now that there’s less than a month to go, I’m leaving China. The Olympics will be on TV at home, but I don’t know if I’ll remember the Beijing games as more than the reason we had to leave China.
I was crying as Chris and I drove to the brand new Terminal 3 airport, past the new Beijing 2008 banners proclaiming the Olympic slogans Beijing Welcomes You! and One World, One Dream.
Beijing is welcoming someone, I guess. But it’s not us.
unquote
http://cnreviews.com/beijing/china_visa_problems_one_world_one_dream_but_no_visa_20080721.html "Feeling like an idiot".......many of us have this feeling. After that many years getting a "kick in the ass". It is now really going on the nerves - our business is effected - we have lost some orders already, because no chance to go and control the things in the way we need to do.

No comments: